The PTAC recommends that consumers require expert/consultation/specialists to make the following information mandatory in their opinions:
- date and place of preparation of the document;
- the name, surname, education and speciality of the expert/consultant/specialist;
- the given name and surname of the consumer;
- the name of the goods or service;
- the cause and significance of the defect detected;
- the degree of depreciation of the commodity;
- expert/consultant/specialist signature.
The document thus produced should be used as evidence to support the consumer's opinion on the non-conformity of the goods or service with the terms of the contract, and it would also be useful in cases where the consumer submits an application for the dispute to the Consumer Dispute Settlement Commission.
Additional information on consumer dispute resolution:
PTAC Consumer Consultation Phone: 65452554
PTAC face-to-face counselling at Liberty Street 55, II entrance, Customer Service Center.
Acceptance times can be found at: http://www.ptac.gov.lv/lv/content/kontakti