Processing and protection of personal data in Consumer Rights Protection Center
The controller of personal data processing is the Consumer Rights Protection Center (hereinafter - CRPC), registration no. 90000068854, address Brivibas Street 55, Riga, LV-1010.
Why do we process your data?
CRPC processes personal data according to the functions specified in regulatory enactments in order to:
- assist consumers in resolving disputes with the seller or service provider;
- provide information and advice to consumers about their rights;
- to assess whether the activities performed by economic operators comply with the requirements specified in regulatory enactments and do not harm the collective interests of consumers;
- provide consultations to economic operators;
- ensure effective supervision of regulatory enactments;
- ensure control of the way contracts are excercised.
After ensuring your consent, CRPC processes your personal data to:
- ensure access to the building and participation in meetings, including registering and identifying participants, taking pictures and making voice and video recordings, communicating information about changes regarding an event; ensuring further communication and when sending informative materials (including information on further activities);
- Promote the publicity of the event and raise public awareness of its progress, during the event, through photography and filming and later publishing the materials on CRPC’s website and social networks.
What data does the CRPC collect and process?
CRPC processes the following personal data:
- name, surname, personal identity number, birth data, contact information (telephone number, e-mail, address), voice record;
- name of the institution or undertaking represented, position held;
- in certain cases - information on education, work experience, bank details, passports, ID card data, birth data of relatives, etc.
How long do we store your data?
The CRPC stores personal data only for as long as necessary or for as long as required by law and in accordance with the CRPC Nomenclature.
How do we protect your data?
CRPC implements various security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, use or other unlawful personal data collection. Security measures are constantly being developed to meet regulatory requirements.
Who has access to your data and to whom is it transferred?
In order to provide you with assistance in resolving disputes or provide a consultation, your data is transferred to the relevant economic activity performer or other public administration institutions in accordance with their competence.
Personal data is transferred to the CRPC and the Ministry of Economics responsible personnel, or to the organizers and performers of events, such as performing functions, organizing events or exercising contracts.
What are your rights and how can they be used?
In accordance with the Regulation, you have the right to access your personal data, request it to be revised and / or deleted, except in the cases provided by law.
To exercise your rights, you must come to CRPC with an application. The complain regarding personal data processing which cannot be resolved within the CRPC, you have the right to submit to the Data State Inspectorate.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact CRPC by e-mail: email@example.com, or
Sergejs Griškevičs, Senior Reporter / Data Protection Specialist of the Legal Department Sergejs.Griskevics@em.gov.lv.